Europe Made Simple For Non-EU Fund Managers
Europe Made Simple For Non-EU Fund Managers is a series of two webinars designed to provide non-EU investment managers with some top-level information they need in order to prepare – or not – to establish a firm and/or fund presence in Europe.
Webinar 2: Survive The Introduction Of The Disclosure Regulation In Europe
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 - 3pm GMT / 10am Eastern
Europe leads the way in sustainable investing, with both asset owners and asset managers doing more than other regions to push the sustainable finance agenda. This webinar will look at:
The Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation
- EU Commission Action Plan on Sustainable Finance
- What is it and where do we stand with the regulation?
- Extraterritorial effects of the regulation for non-EU managers marketing in EU
- Why do we need a Taxonomy regulation?
- Where do we stand with the regulation?
- Brexit and Taxonomy
The revamp of the non-financial reporting directive
- To whom does it apply?
- Why do we need to revamp the non-financial reporting?
- Challenges for financial market participants and small medium enterprises
Registration is free for investment fund managers and institutional investors/allocators into third party investment fund managers.
Service providers can attend each of the webinars for just £50.
Webinar 1: Dipping Your Toes Or A Deep Dive? Launching Your Firm And Fund In Europe
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 3pm GMT / 10am Eastern
This webinar is now a past webinar
Establishing a presence in Europe is a natural growth option for non-EU based investment managers. This webinar will discuss the current state of play and some options currently available to non-EU Alternative Investment Fund Managers interested in venturing into Europe including:
The National Private Placement Regime
- Current state of play and national gold-plating rules
- Reverse solicitation
- Cross Border Distribution Directive and pre-marketing
The Manco Solution
- When does it make sense to have an EU Fund Product?
- Standalone Funds or White Label Solution
- What’s on the horizon for non-EU Managers willing to enter the EU from Ireland
The AIFMD review
- At what stage are we with the review?
- Harmonisation between UCITS and AIFMD
- Delegation and substance and the effect of changes on management companies