How To Raise A Debut PE Fund
A webinar and online LP networking event to help you raise your first private equity fund
Thursday, November 30, 2023, 1pm - 3pm | Online
Which LPs have an affinity for first-time funds? What kind of track record do you need to woo them? How do you break through the noise? Should you take an anchor investment? Get the answers to these and many more questions on Thursday, November 30, from 1PM ET to 3PM ET during a special online workshop and LP discussion. It's hosted by the leaders in online PE education—Private Equity Professional, Private Equity Career News and AlphaWeek.
We've assembled an all-star cast of speakers—including seven investors in first-time funds, one placement agent and one fund attorney who represents start-up firms. Along with answering your questions, they'll cover the following topics:
* How to identify early-fund investors that can give your fund crucial momentum;
* Top do's and don'ts of road show meetings and presentation decks;
* Tactics to manage the all-important follow-up conversations with potential investors—and how to know if they're interested;
* Advice on how much seed money you'll need to sustain a successful fund-raise;
* How to make sure your back office passes muster with institutional investors;
* Partnership terms to offer to get investors bellying up to the first-close bar—and terms to never compromise on.
Featured Speakers and LP Discussion Hosts
Patrick Dunleavy: Managing Director, Moelis & Co
Mark Evans: Principal Investment Officer, Connecticut Retirement Plans & Trust Funds
Chris Keller: Founder and Managing Partner, Moelis Catalyst Partners
Clare Lewis: Partner, McGuire Woods LLP
Irwin Loud III: Chief Investment Officer, Muller & Monroe Asset Management
Sheryl Mejia: Managing Partner, Steward Asset Management
Chrissie Chen Pariso: Managing Director, MPowered Capital
Gary Post: Managing Partner, The K Fund III/Andina Family Offices
Mitch Prevot: Senior Associate, 747 Capital
David Toll: Publisher, Private Equity Career News
Bonus #1! All attendees will receive a mini-guide to 100+ investors with a known appetite for backing early funds.
Bonus #2! All attendees will receive a template for a fund PPM.
Bonus #3! After a one-hour workshop panel, all attendees will have a chance to attend four 15-minute break-out sessions hosted by the following limited partners: